Associate Scientist, Preformulation
- Characterize new lots of API and DP via DSC, TGA, PXRD, GVS, PLM, and SEM.
- Execute thermodynamic and kinetic solubility studies for potential lead drug development candidates.
- Evaluate powder properties of API and DP to determine the potential impact on later stage operations common in formulation development.
- Present updates at department meetings and deliver scientific talks on current and new techniques/technology in support of preformulation and material characterization.
- Collaborate with early discovery, chemical development, analytical, and drug product development to bridge communication between departments, ensuring information is used widely and successfully.
- Oversee lab work and maintenance of DSC, TGA, GVS, and PXRD instruments as lead user.
- Ensure lab notebooks are accurate and in compliance with standards established for regulatory notebook submissions.
- BA/BS Chemical or Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 2+ years of industry experience including: preformulation, material characterization, and limited formulation development