Director, National Accounts
The Director National Accounts is the field market access leader responsible for ensuring that the account management organization secures and maintains optimal product coverage and patient access across customer channels – commercial payers, Medicare Part D, Medicaid, LTC, VA/DOD, and Institutional including Behavioral Health and Criminal Justice systems. The Director National Accounts will also serve as part of the US Market Access leadership team at Neurocrine collaborating with the Head of Market Access to develop a roadmap for success as it relates to pricing and contracting strategy for the launch of Valbenazine, and educating the organization on the need and issues within the Managed Markets arena.
- Establish Neurocrine as the leader in the treatment and support of patients with Tardive Dyskinesia and movement disorders through the development and maintenance of strong Account and KOL relationships;
- Develop customer account, strategy, segmentation, prioritization and corresponding tactical account plans through the profiling of key accounts as it relates to the formulary review process, coverage policies, utilization controls, and level of influence;
- Convert customer strategy and account plan to an overall national account team alignment and structure – execute national recruitment plan for Neurocrine’s inaugural account management team;
- Lead national account team including development of performance metrics, oversight of execution of role responsibilities, proactive performance management and support of individual development plans;
- Partner with Head of Market Access and internal teams to develop clinical and financial value story for Valbenazine as well as evaluate pricing and contract strategies across customer segments;
- Partner with field sales leadership to evaluate and create optimal pull through programs that maximize utilization and overall market opportunity for Valbenazine (as well as future assets and indications); and
- Proactively uncover and deliver market place feedback as it relates to customer trends, competitive activity, industry issues, and business opportunities.
- Deep track record of successful wins across core customer channels: National Payers, Regional Payers, PBMs, Stated Medicaid, Medicare Part D Contracting (critical);
- Strong existing relationships and access to key decision makers at National Payer plans and PBS;
- Success in building, managing and leading account teams – this person will map a team of up to 8+ Account Managers;
- Mastery of overall Account Strategy, alignment and approach;
- Mastery of Pricing and Contract Strategy in the commercial payer segment, PBM, Medicare Part D, and Medicaid
- Skilled in pull through strategies and execution – deep connectivity with field sales leadership and driving product demand.
- BA/BS in life science, business, finance/accounting or closely related fields is required;
- 10 years medical life science industry experience is required, in which four years management experience is required;
- Very strong negotiating, analytical, relationship building and computer skills is required;
- Strong commercialization and launch experience with Retail, Specialty pharmaceuticals is required, preferably within CNS;
- Knowledge and experience in the Government, Institutional, Specialty Pharmacy, LTC, VA/DOD, Behavioral Health, and Criminal Justice customer channels is highly preferred;
- Strong leader, teacher and communicator, both internally and externally, specifically very strong written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills is required; and
- Ability to travel a minimum of 75% time.