SUMMARY: The Director of Operations will lead strategic planning, direction, budgeting and goal setting for the Facilities department as well as recommend policies, practices and procedures to ensure department goals are aligned with company initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Directs the operation and maintenance of the corporate facilities to prevent operational interruption and minimum costs.
- Execute the corporate space development plan, in collaboration with senior management, as a means to plan, coordinate and manage future corporate growth.
- Develop and manage facilities budgets and cost controls.
- Oversee third party vendors, service agreements, and contracts to ensure efficient, cost effective approach to building and equipment maintenance.
- Manage projects including, but not limited to new building construction larger scale construction renovations, major tenant improvements, capital equipment renovation/replacement, and space redesign/reallocation.
- Plan, budget, and schedule facilities modifications including evaluating cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
- Provide recommendations on design, construction, modification, expansion, remodeling and replacement of office and lab space.
- Collaborate with real estate brokers and developers in connection with new or temporary site selection and feasibility.
- Administrate building management and security enterprise systems.
- Interact with regulatory agencies during inspections representing compliant facility operations, employee and building safety, and compliance with all appropriate standards and requirements.
- Position is required to be available for 24/7 emergency response as needed.
- Poised professional who demonstrates initiative, organization, and a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills for both internal and external audiences and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization across various functions as well as with individuals at partner companies
- Ability to independently identify problems and effectively offer and implement solutions by summarizing and presenting key considerations and decision points and translating strategy into action.
- Ability to lead, recruit, and professionally develop talent.
- Proven ability to maintain the flexibility necessary to listen, adapt, respond, and meet the complex and changing needs of the organization.
- Highly analytical, organized and detail-oriented with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while balancing and prioritizing business and team needs to meet project deadlines.
- Possesses accurate knowledge of facilities and plant management.
- Demonstrated understanding of occupancy planning, real estate concepts and real estate terminology.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, work collaboratively, communicate effectively, and be highly organized.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Facilities Management, and/or similar field preferred, but not required. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of Facilities Management, Operations, or Construction Experience, preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- 7+ years of management experience with demonstrated ability to develop and coach direct reports to create a unified team and enable growth at all levels.
- Experience with major construction projects involving bid packages; contract administration and coordination; building codes; permitting and regulatory review; budget development and oversight; and construction management.
- Strong track record managing subcontractors/general contractors and collaborating with architects, engineers, and other construction and building specialists.
- Experience working in a team environment within cross-functional team members in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Project, CAD, computerized timelines, flow charts, etc.