Intern – Environmental Health & Safety
Work under the direction of the EH&S Manager, getting involved with team activities as well as autonomous projects consisting of but not limited too:
– Auditing hazardous waste streams and waste profiles for accuracy, compatability, and verification of labeling.
– Analyzing biological waste collection points for potential waste reduction and cost savings opportunities.
– Review and update universal waste program.
– Review, audit, and update all postings and signage required for various safety programs.
– Maintain indoor air quality by checking/verifying the integrity of closed systems containing hazardous materials and engineered controls.
– Reviewing internally generated SDS’s for GHS compliance.
Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 3 years Environmental Health & Safety experience or actively enrolled in an environmental science four year degree program. Must have good written and oral communication skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office, and knowledge of standard safety regulations and practices.