Manager, Business Development & Alliance Management
SUMMARY: This will manage projects regarding business development transactions and existing alliance partnerships anywhere from early development through commercialization. The individual will lead cross-functional internal and external program teams to ensure that projects progress and meet pre-defined objectives and timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- For Business Development, the position will develop, manage, and drive integrated project plans including diligence; lead valuation work; identify and mitigate risks; and facilitate internal and external communications to keep stakeholders informed of commitments, due dates and progress.
- For Alliance Management, the position will be responsible for supporting alliance steering committees and ensuring that program objectives and activities are undertaken as set forth in license agreements.
- The position will also assist in the monitoring of industry trends, companies, technologies and therapeutic areas of relevance to Neurocrine.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA ideally in Engineering or a Life Science, with an MD/PhD/MBA highly preferred.
- 5 years minimum in a life science related capacity, of which 3 years should be in consulting, investment banking or sell-side research.
- Must have exceptional project management and analytical skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of time.