Manager / Sr. Manager, Medical Affairs Training, Metrics, Planning and Operations
- Define, design and implement the IT business needs for field and corporate office based Medical Affairs team while working closely with medical affairs leaders, Information Technology (IT), and other key cross-functional stakeholders;
- Develop, design, and implement reporting metrics (qualitative and quantitative) and dashboards that meet the business needs and objectives of the Medical Affairs leadership team;
- Lead strategic planning for Medical Affairs that includes capacity modeling, operating reviews, department budgeting and operations.
- Manage vendors, consultants and other third parties; and
- Lead department, project teams and related initiatives as appropriate.
MD, PhD or PharmD and seven years’ pharmaceutical industry experience in a Medical Affairs role (MSL, Med Pubs and/or Med Comm);
- Strong written communication skills including publication/medical writing experience is required;
- Effective interpersonal skills including the ability to build successful relationships with internal experts/teams and other stakeholders;
- Ability to understand and apply the principles of adult learning to the development of disease state and therapeutic training for on-boarding and continuous learning needs of medical affairs staff;
- Experience and knowledge in neuroscience disorders is highly preferred;
- Ability to analyze and summarize data, think critically, manage projects, influence others, work in a team environment, and synthesize complex clinical and non-clinical statistical and medical information to effectively communicate medical and scientific information are required;
- Excellent presentation and computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 20%.