National Account Executive
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for securing formulary access for our brands and building strategic relationships with Managed Care National Accounts and their affiliates, Regional Accounts and State Medicaid. There will be six geographically dispersed positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Responsible for complete business ownership and for the achievement of P&L targets on assigned accounts
- Builds and sustains long-term customer partnerships with assigned Key Accounts, based on deep understanding of the customer organization, structure, business strategy and priorities.
- Leads cross functional account based teams. Partners with field sales, medical affairs and home office colleagues to secure formulary access and drive effective pull-through with targeted Payers.
- Develop and maintain an integrated business plan which illustrates national and regional market opportunities, monitors contract progress and performance, and account penetration at every level.
- Develop, negotiate, and implement innovative contracts to support brand strategies. Coordinate pull-through activities with field sales to support access opportunities and challenges ultimately resulting in significant ROIs.
- Develop non-contract business opportunities and solutions. Implements account management strategies that promote product sales and market share in the absence of contracting.
- Provide in-depth analysis related to account, market trends, competitive activity, contract performance, and personnel.
- Communicate regularly to senior management the opportunities, challenges, and performance of accounts.
- Provides expert insight into the local healthcare systems and their impact on Key Accounts; identifies new business opportunities with current or potential accounts
- Present Payer outlook at internal business reviews and national/regional sales meetings. Provide leadership in development of brand strategies.
- Works within Ethics and Compliance policies and ensures those around him/her do the same.
- Works to ensure a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred
- 2-3 years of experience at National Accounts and/or Government Affairs.
- 5+ years of experience at Regional Accounts and/or State Medicaid.
- 2+ years in Field Sales Management
- Must have an expert level understanding of pricing, government payers and specialty pharmaceutical markets.
- Ability to travel overnight up to 70% (travel consists of working with field sales, attending business meeting, industry meetings, and working with key customers).
- Ideally individual will have established key contacts at the national and regional level
- Strong project management, analytical thinking skills, and financial modeling skills.
- Proven leadership skills with strong business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cross functional team success.
- Possess good understanding of current issues within the marketplace, pharmaceutical industry, and national health care system.
- Ability to evaluate risk/benefit/return on investment based decisions and discern trends occurring within market.
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment and handle multiple tasks
- Specialty Product experience (CNS preferred)
- Launch Experience