Summer Intern, Pharmaceutical Development
SUMMARY: The part-time student Intern (<29 hrs per week) will be involved in a range of research and general laboratory support efforts, primarily in the area of Pharmaceutical Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- This includes laboratory experimentation for compound characterization, dosage form support and development/optimization of methods.
- Sample preparation and testing of research compounds on various analytical equipment including HPLC, GC, DSC and dissolution.
- Effectively document research and to conduct work in a safe manner in accordance with company and departmental guidelines.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to interact with multi level people
- Attendance and great time management skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong oral and written communication skills.
- A basic understanding of biology, physics, organic chemistry and process chemistry as well as current literature.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must be currently enrolled in a relevant science degree program including Chemistry, Biology or Pharmacy and in good academic standing.
- Must have completed at least one lab and some lab experience helpful
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.