Placing orders with established vendors to include reviewing product codes and price with vendors; revising POs for price changes, freight, produce codes and tax; and making the corrections necessary for utilizing PeopleSoft ERP software.
• Maintaining the purchasing documentation
• Expediting deliveries of goods and, where necessary, get user department approval for alternate methods or materials when required.
• Investigating and evaluating new sources of supply to obtain timely deliveries at the best possible price.
• May initiate corrective actions to ensure that assigned J.I.T. delivery schedules and/or reservations are in agreement.
* Assist in the processing of the payables portion of contracts.
• Perform miscellaneous assignments as required.
Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of (6) years Purchasing/Payables experience or a Bachelors degree or greater with a minimum of (3) years of experience in purchasing. A minimum of (3) years of biotech experience required.