Trade-Channel Account Executive
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for implementing and managing Specialty Pharmacy (SP), Specialty Distributor (SD)in support of Neurocrine Biosciences marketed products in the U.S. The individual will ensure that systems and processes related to Specialty Pharmacies (SP), and Specialty Distributors contracted to distribute Neurocrine Biosciences products are implemented and maintained effectively. The individual is also the key operational contact between Market Access, Sales Operations and Neurocrine Bioscience’s Specialty Pharmacy network. He/She ensures the interfaces between Neurocrine, our partners and Specialty Pharmacies in our network are maintained at a high level. The individual will advise Market Access management on specialty distribution effectiveness, and will collaborate on the development of appropriate systems and processes to manage related information closely with the Trade and Operations and Market Access marketing leads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
Specialty Pharmacy and Distributor Management and Planning:
- Responsible for creating, implementing and executing account level business plans for trade accounts.
- Ensures contract compliance and participates in business review meetings with SP & SD distribution partners
- Reviews and validates monthly and quarterly distribution charges invoiced to Neurocrine Biosciences by SPs and SDs
- Oversee SP network partners performance to drive high customer satisfaction using performance metrics
- Work cross-functionally within the Market Access team and with Sales, Marketing, Patient Support, Commercial Operations, Regulatory, Legal, Finance, Medical Affairs, to ensure all trade channel goals are met.
Patient- Physician Support Services and HUB partner Operations:
- Responsible for day-to-day relationship of SP partners to deliver a high-touch patient service model
- Leads regularly scheduled patient status meetings or conference calls with SPs to synchronize on patients requiring follow up by the SP to identify and resolve other operational issues
- Ensures HIPPA compliance in all interactions with SPs and specialty distributors
- Leads regularly scheduled operations meetings between Neurocrine Biosciences Sales Operations and specialty pharmacy network partners. Ensures operational issues and opportunities are identified, tracked, and resolved.
- Coordinates notification Specialty Pharmacies informing them of changes to relevant policies or procedures
- Develop process flows for interactions between SP and Neurocrine Biosciences, e.g., Lead launch implementation teams
- Tracks, measures, and advises commercial operations management on specialty pharmacy performance
- Support analytics for dispense reconciliation and revenue recognition
- Provide market place feedback in a timely manner to corporate management on customer business trends, competitive updates, and industry issues and opportunities.
BA/BS required. Master’s degree preferred. Prior account management experience in Trade required. Specialty drug launch experience required. Experience in CNS /psychiatry / Neurology therapeutic areas is preferred. Prior sales and/or marketing within the biopharmaceutical industry preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 7 years of national/regional Trade account management experience.
- Experience working with specialty pharmacies, wholesalers, distributors and/or specialty distributors
- Proven success in new product and line extension launches in Trade.
- Demonstrate ability to manage internal and external relationships.
- Contracting experience in Trade.
- Ability to work in an autonomous work environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate philosophy and values.
- The successful candidate must exhibit strength in the following areas:
– Written and verbal communication skills
– Project management and time management
– Situational analysis, problem solving, and strategic thinking
– Client relationship management