This position is fully responsible for the Development Accrual and Expense process, including developing, interpreting and implementing ongoing changes to the breadth and scope of the process. This individual will be responsible for the ongoing monitoring of development related expense and accruals, including constant communication with end users, understanding contracts and communicating with accounting, legal and many other areas of the Company. Additionally, this person will work on additional project based accounting projects as they come up and the position grows.
- Responsible for day to day maintenance of the development forecast.
- Coordinates input from various departments to create the annual development budget.
- Reviews, analyzes and reports on project financials at month-end, providing business explanations for results.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Maintain the project folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Generate and distribute quarterly reports to Project Managers regarding status of projects
- Set up new projects.
- Monthly analyze the P & L accounts monthly, as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconcilements, as directed by the Accounting Manager.
- Ensures accurate accrual of expenses.
- Maintains and updates business models including forecasts and budgets, performs ad-hoc financial analysis and develop special analytical models as required.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the Development Process.
- Prepare special project analyses as needed.
- Provide quarterly and ongoing year-end and SOX related support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Accounting Manager.
- Communicate and coordinate with the local offices.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting with at least 5 years work experience directly related to items above. Public accounting experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in Microsoft Excel and Word. Familiarity with Great Plains is a plus.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities. Strong service orientation.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Accounting Manager, as necessary.