Manager, Sales Training
SUMMARY: The Manager, Sales Training is responsible for activities related to the planning, development and execution of new product launch training, the field sales training program, and various advanced training programs including competitive selling, customer engagement, and product knowledge. This position works closely with sales leadership in planning national and regional sales meetings and other special projects. Partners with senior commercial and divisional sales leadership and support teams to deepen sales team knowledge and drive results. This position may also be responsible for designing and implementing pilot projects to support the launch and ongoing commercialization of valbenazine in tardive dyskinesia (TD) and other company products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Lead and manage the design, development and implementation of training programs and materials to include launch workshops, learning modules, customer engagement model, POA / regional meeting materials and agendas;
- Partner with Marketing and other cross-functional groups to design, develop and implement comprehensive training materials to support the launch of new products and sales tools;
- Establish objectives and support development and administration of engagement techniques and presentations, product and product applications information, and role play scenarios;
- Develop and manage training-related aspects for the national and regional sales meetings;
- Lead the on-boarding of all new field sales personnel including coordination with RSM’s and internal departments (IT, HR, Operations, etc);
- Conduct extensive field-based personnel assessments, strategic training initiatives, coaching and development of new hires and regional field trainers;
- Attend critical industry conferences to maintain clinical and competitive knowledge so sales training priorities are market relevant;
- Ensure training programs reflect the highest standards of conduct and compliance for the pharmaceutical industry; and
- On an ongoing basis, explore alternative methods of delivering training and new approaches, practices and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of training (including distance-learning, e-learns, learning portals).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA required, major in business or technical field preferred.
- 5 years of pharmaceutical sales experience required plus at least 1 year of internal pharmaceutical sales training. Prior experience managing vendors and negotiating contracts required. Experience with product launches preferred. CNS and/or psychiatry/anti-psychotic experience is a plus. Sales management is a plus.
- Experience with capturing and sharing best practices to develop a high performing field sales organization.
- Highly motivated, passionate self-starter, analytical, detail-oriented and operationally-focused.
- Ability to think through and implement creative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, proven excellent written communication skills, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills.
- Exceptional communication skills including ability to take an independent stance when interfacing with cross functional stakeholders. Demonstrated focus on being able to translate data and metrics into value-add business insight.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Minimum travel requirement is 25%.