1. Design, plan, write study protocols, and conduct controlled experiments to characterize toxicological properties of new investigational drugs.
2. Collect, analyse, interpret complex data, communicate results, and write reports in a timely manner.
3. Work collaboratively with other scientists, technicians and colleagues as part of multidisciplinary project teams.
4. Perform technical procedures on rodents such as test article dosing (IP, IM, SQ, IC, gavage), blood collections using different routes/techniques and other clinical sampling techniques.
5. Assess and document clinical observations, body weight data, food consumption data, environmental data (i.e., room temperature and humidity), and other data on the appropriate forms.
6. Perform tissue collection and necropsies.
7. Understand and interpret study protocols/SOP’s to ensure that the tasks are conducted accurately.
8. Prepare dose formulations and other reagents as instructed. Analyze formulations.
9. Monitor toxicology studies at Contract Research Organizations
10. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
1. Minimum BA/BS in related biology degree or equivalent.
2. Minimum 4 years’ experience performing in-vivo toxicology studies.
3. Ability to work safely with potentially toxic compounds.