Assistant General Counsel
SUMMARY: Uses cross-functional knowledge and highly developed working relationships to influence the future direction of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Provide legal and business advice to commercial organization on a broad range of topics including review of promotional materials, marketing strategies, salesforce initiatives, and supply chain issues..
- Provide guidance on risks and best practices related to Anti- Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, and the Food Drug and Cosmetic Act.
- Draft and negotiate contracts of varying significance and value.
- Contract Interpretation.
- Provide legal services related to compliance matters and other general legal matters.
- Proactively identify legal risks and collaborate with senior management to mitigate risks.
- Expertise with respect to corporate compliance and transactional experience is required, including strong contract drafting skills
- Ability to build consensus with diverse stakeholders and third parties and form strong, collaborative working relationships with clients
- Comfortable in front of customers, suppliers, peers and senior management in both leading and supporting roles
- Ability to manage a significant number of projects simultaneously and to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven analytical capacity, superior financial and business judgment; ability to recognize business impact of legal advice
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A juris doctorate degree required plus an active license to practice law in any state (California preferred)
- 10 years of practice as an attorney in a well-regarded law firm and in-house medical device or pharmaceutical industry experience