Associate Director, Logistics & Trade Compliance
SUMMARY: The Associate Director, Logistics & Trade Compliance will ensure that Commercial and Clinical shipments of drug products and intermediates are delivered securely, reliably and cost-effectively while meeting relevant compliance requirements. This role will build and manage an infrastructure to effectively manage logistics, distribution, import/export, and trade compliance across a complex supply chain spanning multiple continents. This supply chain includes contract manufacturers, distribution centers, and warehouses for pharmaceutical products. Additionally, this role will manage Global Trade Compliance and related business processes to ensure that all Neurocrine shipments are conducted in compliance with international regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Ensure Good Distribution Practices are met at all times
- Ensure on-time delivery of international & domestic shipments of commercial and clinical products
- Maintain and publish metrics relevant to international logistics, distribution center management and related activities
- Identify and champion continuous improvement and ensure that corrective actions are implemented for logistics-related deviations or unfavorable performance
- Provide visibility of shipment status to key stakeholders at Neurocrine
- Assemble all necessary documents to support international shipments and ensure compliance with global trade requirements
- Manage shipment schedules and priorities
- Implement and manage standardized distribution practices and protocols, and related requirements for distribution centers, carriers, and related partners
- Maintain and reconcile distribution center finished goods inventory levels in collaboration with Supply Chain Planning and Finance
- Accurately maintain logistics and inventory related transactions in the system of record; research and correct data errors as necessary
- Partner with cross-functional teams for the selection, qualification, implementation, and management of service providers, shipping lanes, and shipping containers
- Optimize global logistics spend through analysis of shipping lanes, volumes, and activities
- Ensure a strong Order to Cash business process through effective, collaborative relationships with Commercial Operations, Finance, Supply Chain, distribution center partners, and other groups
- Understand and communicate current and updated US and foreign requirements for customs documentation and reporting
- Oversee the development and management of standardized practices for the importation and exportation of matetials for Neurocrine globally
- Provide leadership of logistics and trade compliance activities across Neurocrine.
- Demonstrated experience working in logistics including oversight of 3PL’s, freight forwarders and customs brokers, and small package carriers
- Pharmaceutical/biotech distribution experience including GDP/GMP regulations and Customs/FDA import procedures
- Formal training / certification in US and International import/export requirements and documentation
- Experience with ERP systems and databases
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Excel and Project
- Experience with transportation of dangerous goods, and temperature-controlled products including qualification of shipping lanes and containers
- Knowledge of supply chain management and Lean / Six Sigma
- Experience in launching and distributing new products.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Management, or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years direct domestic and international logistics experience in the biotech / pharmaceutical industry
OTHER WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Requires ability to travel minimum of 25% in US, Europe and possibly other countries.