Environmental Health and Safety/Operations Associate
Provides support for and monitors compliance of corporate environmental health and safety programs. Performs detailed and routine Operations tasks effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Implement and monitor environmental health and safety programs to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Perform laboratory inspections to ensure compliance and recommend corrective actions where environmental health and safety hazards exist.
- Monitor and control employee exposure to radiation, chemical, and biological hazards.
- Coordinate collection and disposal of hazardous waste.
- Maintain inventory and operation of safety equipment, including calibrating detection equipment.
- Participate in miscellaneous Operations department activities including, but not limited to: shipping and receiving activities, asset management, inventory management (laboratory supply and chemical), facilities support, and plant operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Good written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental health and safety regulations and procedures. Able to plan, organize, and work efficiently to support laboratory personnel. Analyze data and investigate options accurately to respond with logical and effective action. Ability to troubleshoot and develop creative and innovative solutions to problems. Advanced computer skills. Able to lift 40-50 pounds. HAZWOPER 40 hour certificate preferred. DOT Hazardous Material Handler certificate preferred. DOT 49 CFR and IATA certificate preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor or Associate degree in a scientific discipline preferred. At least three years of experience in the environmental health and safety field.