HRIS / Comp Analyst
The HRIS/Compensation Analyst partners with HR leaders on compensation philosophies, programs, policies and practices. Provides information and tools to effectively meet human capital and financial objectives for the organization and to ensure internal equity, external competiveness, and compliance with applicable laws, regulations and organizational policies. This position will provide first level system support to HR Technology users of all levels in the organization to successfully resolve issues using problem solving and communication skills as well as working with internal and external technical resources as needed. Responsible for maintaining data integrity and all appropriate documentation related to HR systems and processes.
This position will report, match and analyze national, regional and local survey data to determine and/or recommend the Company’s competitive position, job grades, job families, pay ranges, range adjustments, special pay changes, and annual merit/promotional increase pools. This also includes stock option and other variable pay plans. Analyzes compensation trends and practices. Assist in the analysis for and the development of Compensation Committee packages for the Board of Directors. May assist in the analysis of executive compensation. Develop and maintain job descriptions, job grades/ranges and job family information. Provide expertise and consultation to management and/or HR representatives on both the administration of pay and recommendations for job offers as needed. Conduct special compensation analysis by position or job family as needed. Coordinate activities related to promotion recommendations and increases. May coordinate the Company’s discretionary bonus and sales incentive plans. Evaluate and design alternative methods of compensation including incentive and bonus programs. Ensure FLSA compliance across all levels of employees by state. Assist with annual performance review and merit increase process, and quarterly stock option grant process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the maintenance of human resource information systems (HRIS) associated with the collection, retrieval, accessibility and usage of employee information. Performs high level system audits to ensure data integrity.
- Develops complex reports as needed to support HR business needs. Responsible for producing and distributing on-going monthly and quarterly reports. Provide assistance to HR users with ad hoc reporting tools.
- Provides day-to-day support and training, as needed, for HR systems users. Identifies root cause for technical issues and provides resolution and follow-up communication. Serves as first level contact to users for troubleshooting HR systems. Escalates issues when necessary and collaborates with application vendor to coordinate resolution of system issues.
- Performs activities to develop, implement and administer compensation policies and programs.
- Reviews proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices.
- Audits jobs for content and prepares job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements.
- Reviews market data and makes recommendations to ensure equitable and competitive pay delivered to employees.
- Participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine company’s competitive position.
- Advanced computer skills
- Advanced report writing skills
- Advanced level Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook skills
- Deep analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume fast paced environment
- Team player who can work well independently
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
At least 6 years work experience with HRIS systems and compensation field required.
ADP strongly preferred.