Intellectual Property Attorney
The attorney will also advise on emerging IP legal issues and play an active role in forming our response to current IP legislative developments and IP policy issues. In addition, the attorney will be expected to contribute to administrative and legal projects intended to develop an IP Department displaying the highest legal and ethical standards. Responsibilities: * conducting strategic IP due diligence, including analyzing Neurocrine’s IP portfolio as well as the portfolios of our competitors and potential collaborators;
* identifying opportunities for expanding Neurocrine’s IP position and working with members of various business, legal, scientific and administrative groups within Neurocrine to take advantage of such opportunities;
* working and communicating with collaborators and other external strategic partners in connection with developing a global IP strategy;
* reviewing/negotiating license agreements and IP language in other agreements;
*preparing Neurocrine for potential ANDA or other patent litigation;
* developing best practices and internal SOPs for ensuring a high functioning IP Department; and
* managing the use of outside legal counsel and internal resources, as may be necessary, to fulfill the aforementioned responsibilities.
Requirements: * Juris Doctorate and admitted to practice in at least one state, California preferred. * At least 10 years’ in-house patent and/or law firm experience supporting pharmaceuticals. * Ph.D. in biological sciences strongly preferred, chemistry a plus. * Registered to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office. * Ideal candidate will have a broad range of patent-related legal expertise. Experience in patent preparation and prosecution, IP due diligence, strategic counseling and licensing required. Experience in IP litigation and drug regulatory affairs a plus. * Exceptional communication skills, including presentation, interpersonal, writing and conflict resolution. * Ability to independently oversee legal matters, manage the use of outside legal counsel and work collaboratively with other personnel at Neurocrine. * Ability to set aggressive deadlines, handle multiple complex legal matters and see projects through to conclusion.