Manager, Commercial Analytics
This position supports the Company’s strategic and tactical decision making by developing and executing the overall brand analytics plan, with a focus on supporting the Commercial organization in areas of primary market research, secondary information, and data analyses to generate strategic brand insights and actionable recommendations.
Working closely with Marketing, Sales, Access & Reimbursement, and Strategic Marketing, the individual will be the primary analytic point of contact for a brand team preparing to launch a new product. This person will actively participate in commercial planning efforts by providing unbiased and actionable insights that identify critical business issues and opportunities for growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Develops brand analytics plan, manages primary/secondary market research projects and data analysis projects in support of the overall
- Synthesizes complex information from primary/secondary market research projects and data sources to identify opportunities and develop recommendations that can be used by Commercial leadership to make better business decisions, better understand customer segments and to identify opportunities and potential
- Provides strategic input to help shape the annual brand plan, brand/payer strategies, the launch plan and development of key performance
- Plans and leads the execution of market research projects (both primary and secondary): deciding on the appropriate methodology, selecting the vendor, developing the questionnaire/discussion guides with the appropriate internal feedback/input, supervising implementation, analyzing results, presenting the findings to key internal customers, and developing actionable
- Track key performance indicators through primary market research and business reporting utilizing IQVIA/SHS data.
- Oversees the development of the market research and analytics brand budget, and manages all approved brand Serve as a consultative, trusted advisor to Commercial leadership.
- Builds, manages and maintains relationships with key vendors of market research, secondary data, and consulting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to integrate primary and secondary data to create insights and actionable
- Excellent working knowledge of and experience with the various methodologies of collecting and analyzing primary and secondary market research
- Knowledge and experience working with biopharmaceutical market data (meaning of data, limitations of data, ability to manipulate, ) including IQVIA/SHS data.
- Strategic understanding of pharmaceutical sales, marketing and access/reimbursement with the ability to identify market drivers, trends, issues,
- Applies basic consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, and translation of solutions to business
- Ability to convert market insights into easily understandable and persuasive oral and written
- Ability to work both independently and cross functionally as part of a
- Ability to source and work closely with vendors on market research and analytical Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Outstanding organizational and computer skills (including Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Able to flourish in a small, entrepreneurial company
- Knowledge of SAS desired.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant commercial analytics and market research experience within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience within the CNS therapeutic area and managed markets experience
- Launch experience preferred.