Manager, Medical Communications
The Medical Communications Manager will be a key contributor within the Medical Communications Department and serve as an expert scientific content resource for the broader organization with a diverse set of responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Medical Information (MI):
- Create and maintain an up-to-date library of Medical content for communication with Health Care Practitioners including: standard response letters for unsolicited medical information requests, slide decks, and frequently asked questions (FAQs) response documents;
- Source, train, and manage an external MI call-center vendor responsible for the intake and triage of unsolicited medical information requests from external customers; and
- Implement and maintain the necessary systems for adhering to regulations governing the MI function.
- Plan and build the infrastructure to support the literature requirements of a mid-size biopharmaceutical company including Regulatory filings, Research and Development summary documents, and Business Development due diligence;
- Identify, procure and interpret the findings of emerging scientific literature relevant to the Company development programs; and
- Ensure the Company is in compliance with all relevant regulations regarding the use of copyrighted materials.
Operations and Project Management:
- Manage projects with broad organizational participation including: publications, Advisory Boards and Steering Committee meetings;
- Work cross- functionally within Medical Affairs to ensure seamless interface between systems including the Scientific Library, MSL customer relationship management tool and MI databases; and
- Manage the staffing and operations of the Medical Affairs booth at scientific conferences/congresses attended by the Company.
- Advanced degree in related field is required (PharmD, PhD, MD, etc)
- Current license in relevant health care discipline is required;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience is required, where post-graduate pharmaceutical industry fellowship is preferred;
- Strong leadership, accountability, interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment;
- Proficiency in the use of PowerPoint;
- Proficiency in the use of literature searching databases;
- Proven ability to perform in-depth literature research, analysis and interpretation of medical data;
- Proven ability to assemble evaluated information into an accurate, comprehensive and concise standard medical response document or dossier;
- Knowledge of all legal and regulatory guidelines affecting the dissemination of medical information and product promotion;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Willingness to travel approximately 20% of the time.