Manager, Payer Promotions and Pull Through
SUMMARY: This position reports directly to the Head of Market Access and has primary responsibility to develop the branded and unbranded payer promotion and value messaging, materials and program development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Develop branded and unbranded payer promotional messages, tools, and programs.
- Design and develop pull through programs for payer coverage.
- Primary interface with payer agency.
- Develops and manages annual project and budget plan.
- Provide National Account Management (NAM) field team support and training. Internal advocate for field leadership.
- Develop and execute POA “Plan of Action” materials.
- Internal advocate for NAM field team.
- Coordinates with HEOR (Health Economics, Outcomes Research) to develop payer value story and messaging along with, FDAMA114 tools and disease state burden of disease messaging.
- Responsible for facilitating Medical, Legal, Regulatory compliance review of promotional materials.
- Experienced in healthcare marketing with a focus on sales results normally acquired through 7-10 years in pharmaceutical marketing and managed care.
- Superior understanding of managed market customers.
- Strong training and education experience.
- Must be an effective team member and collaborator as success relies heavily on interfaces with Finance, P&L understanding, Legal, Regulatory, Compliance, Medical and Brand Teams at senior levels.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in a related field, MBA preferred, and 5 years minimum pharmaceutical marketing experience plus a minimum of 2 years payer/market access/managed markets marketing experience. Preferred areas of experience: Pharmaceutical sales account (1-2 years), pricing and contracting experience, Specialty product launch experience, Psychiatry/ Neurology therapeutic area experience, Veeva Vault experience.