Manager, Pricing, Contracting & Trade
The Manager, Pricing, Contracting and Trade, in conjunction with the Associate Director, develops and advances the strategic and tactical goals of Neurocrine across channels and customers, including Trade (pharmacy channel), MCO, Part D, LTC, GPO, Medicaid and other Government markets through the analysis, negotiation, and execution of contracts in support of the Organizations’ sales and marketing goals. The position also provides support to continually improve systems/processes, analytical capabilities, and compliance oversight, as well as to implement innovative solutions for the delivery of home office support to field sales and marketing in anticipation of, and response to, changing market conditions, all in alignment with product revenue and operating profit goals.
As a key member of the market access department, the role also works closely with the Organizations’ legal and compliance team as it pertains to managing the terms and conditions of complex contractual rebate obligations for the life of the contract, and to assist in the accurate and timely validation, adjudication, analysis and communication of account performance results. The individual will also assess administrative feasibility of product and contract strategies, including interfacing with customers and making recommendations for product launch strategies, and monitoring ongoing results. They will manage Neurocrine’s vendors to ensure accuracy and completeness of data in the various systems for reporting, help ensure compliance with State and Federal Regulations, manage special projects assigned, and assist in the resolution of disputes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage a contract portfolio consisting of rebate, chargeback, and other price concession proposals consistent with laws, regulations, and internal guidelines.
• Communicate with Distribution partners, GPO, LTC, Specialty Groups, and HRSA to determine member eligibility. Work with National Account Directors to achieve department objectives
• Manage data interface with outsourced back office pricing operations, develop and maintain model for chargeback and rebate projection
• Respond in a fully accurate and timely manner to questions within and outside the organization regarding complex contract issues.
• Develop thorough, and meaningful analytics pre and post execution reporting using generally accepted and sound financial modeling techniques and clearly communicate the results.
• Manage and Monitor all compliance efforts, standards, and guidelines for rebate operations
• Develop and maintain a direct relationship with external customers to share and request information, provide contract data, and develop a contract price proposal.
• Help in coordinating the efforts of the Contract Development and Contract Compliance teams to ensure standardization and effectiveness of business processes.
• Provide data for customer business review, and Ad hoc reporting and Government reporting.
• Support Gross-to-Net projection and accrual process: develop and run reports from the projection model, perform analysis, and collaborate on accruals
• Supports internal and external audits
• Interacts with Trade and Distribution to support company objectives via contract management and other adhoc analysis
• Monitor and evaluate inventory with trade partners
• As required, attend Field Sales and other company meetings, industry conferences, and customer meetings to stay current on the competitive environment, challenges, and other relevant issues.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
• Requires a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry or other relevant field with at least two (2) years’ experience in a contracting, pricing, reimbursement, forecasting, or managed markets role.
• Advanced degree certification in, marketing, economics, finance, or related field is strongly preferred.
• Strong leadership, communication, presentation and project management skills.
• The ability to create contracting and pricing tactics to implement strategic goals.
• Innovative and able to invent and create opportunities.
• Ability to work in a quickly shifting and fast paced environment.
• Previous negotiation experience.
• History of successful performance.
• Proficiency in MSOffice, Outlook and database applications.