Marketing Director, Opicapone
This position will be responsible for all HCP and patient marketing activities for Opicapone in Parkinson’s disease in the US. Will lead the brand team in the development and execution of marketing strategies and programs, and collaborate closely with cross-functional partners to ensure a successful commercialization in support of business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Serve as a key member of the commercialization team and contributes new ideas and approaches to ensure successful commercialization of new product.
- Lead the development and execution of the brand’s operational plan, including business planning activities, budgeting, strategy, and marketing communications.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the product, market and treatment landscape.
- Foster strong partnerships with strategic marketing, medical affairs, market access, sales, legal, regulatory and other functions to ensure aligned objectives and implementation of brand strategies.
- Lead team in development and implementation of innovative HCP and patient programs platforms, including personal and non-personal programs and peer-to-peer HCP education.
- Drive creation of US HCP-facing print and digital materials for field use.
- Understand key market trends and competitive environment to drive proactive strategies to maximize brand potential; Leverage market insights and research to drive growth and strategic direction.
- Serve as marketing representative on promotional review committee for brand; Ensure timely and efficient review of promotional materials and complies fully with all legal, regulatory, ethical and company guidelines
- Manage external agencies to ensure excellent execution of marketing programs aligned with brand strategic imperatives;
- Ensures compliance with all corporate polices, regulations and laws at all times.
- Manage and control the brand operating budget.
- Build relationships with thought leaders, advocacy groups and local/national organizations as needed to grow industry awareness.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably in scientific or business discipline, MBA a plus.
- At least 7 years’ experience in in marketing and/or sales in a pharmaceutical market.
- At least 5 years’ In-line brand marketing experience, including commercial launch.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the brand development process.
- Strong leadership attributes to generate commitment and constructively resolve issues.
- Direct management experience to include a minimum of 3 years leading teams in a fast-paced, collaborative environment;
- Operates effectively cross-functionally in pursuit of business goals.
- Experience managing outside agencies (creative & media), design firms and internal teams to execute brand and strategic marketing direction.
- Able to travel, up to 25%.