Marketing Mgr. Reimbursement, HUB & Patient Support Services
SUMMARY: The Manager / Sr. Manager marketing for Reimbursement and Patient Support Services will report directly to the Executive Director, head of market access, and will be the lead marketer for the development and management of all aspects of Neurocrine Bioscience’s efforts supporting patient access through patient assistance programs (PAP) and call center (HUB) programs. This individual will be the organizations expert in reimbursement, coding and PAP program design and implementation. They will serve as a resource to the market access, marketing and field sales teams, providing expertise, training, tools and programs to ensure patients receive best in class support for the use of our launch product valbenazine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
Leads the development of Patient support and reimbursement services for the launch of lead product valbenazine. This includes supervising call centers, copay program and PAP program vendors.
Develops strategic recommendations and implementation plans for patient support services. Achieves brand specific patient access objectives and KPI’s at launch and throughout the product lifecycle and ensures that operations are in place to provide optimal reimbursement support at launch.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to Patient Reimbursement HUB, Financial Support Programs, Case Management Support and related patient support programs (i.e. adherence and compliance.
The role functions as a subject matter expert on patient reimbursement support services and collaborates cross functionally within the commercial organization to design and implement programs that support the company’s patient access objectives.
Works closely with several cross-functional stakeholders including US Market Access, Commercial Operations, Marketing, Patient Advocacy, Sales, Legal, Medical and Market Analytics along with relevant external customers and stakeholders.
Leads the design, implementation and ongoing management of all patient reimbursement HUB services programs.
Oversees HUB services and patient reimbursement access program day to day operations with a focus on operational excellence in support of patient and brand objectives and company business requirements.
Manages external partner performance against contractual arrangements and to budget.
Maintains program SOPs, exceptions processes, workflows, scripting, training and reports.
Develops reimbursement and patient support tools and scripts for use by the HUB and field sales team
Oversees development of patient / provider web portal for support services. Works with internal Commercial Operations, Legal, Regulatory, and Medical teams for review and approval of all tools and materials.
Negotiates and executes contracts / SOWs and budgets for desired services.
Develops performance dashboards and interprets hub data for purposes of assessing market access trends, hub program utilization, and performance against defined KPIs.
Analyzes Medicare policies that restrict access and work with payer teams to develop access strategies.
Provides strategic insights into Marketing to develop compliant content for the company’s US reimbursement support website. Drives material through marketing review process as required.
Partners with Patient Advocacy initiatives and external support organizations to gather and incorporate insights into patient support strategy for existing and new products.
Responsible for staying abreast of Compliance and OIG guidance and policies and requirements regarding PAP and other patient-provider support programs and proactively communicates any changes that have impact on existing or future programs to senior management.
BA/BS required. Master’s degree preferred. Prior account management experience in Trade required. Specialty drug launch experience required. Experience in CNS /psychiatry / Neurology therapeutic areas is preferred. Prior sales experience within the biopharmaceutical industry preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Requires 7+ years of experience within the biotech/specialty pharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Requires 5 years of proven experience working with or in Patient Access call center HUB operations Patient assistance Programs, (Copay card, Coupon), and or foundation support.
- Requires previous specialty product experience launches Ideally within CNS therapeutic arena
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative), strategic thinking, creativity and problem solving skills.
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturer compliance requirements, patient confidentiality (HIPAA regulations), product reimbursement and product access.
- Knowledge and experience in Medicare Parts A-D, Medicaid, and private payer policies, reimbursement process, health policy, areas of coverage, payment, coding, Specialty Pharmacy.
- Ability to influence senior management with accountability for decision making in a launch environment.
- Self-directed, hands-on approach, comfortable with broad and varied job responsibilities.
- Comfortable functioning with ambiguity.
Track record of successfully managing and leading vendor relationships from both a strategic and operational perspective and achieving results.