Medical Communications Specialist
The Medical Communications Specialist reports to the Director, Medical Communications and will be a key contributor to the Medical Communications team to develop key initiatives that are instrumental for the organization. Responsibilities will include coordinating publications, building and managing library services and completing other medical affairs projects as assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Director of Medical Communications and the publications agency in managing the tactical execution of the publication plan.
- Help manage author/ key opinion leader (KOL) relationships and work with author teams to develop publications.
- Coordinate publication teams and meetings.
- Plan and help build the infrastructure to support the literature requirements of a mid-size biopharmaceutical company including Regulatory filings, Research and Development summary documents, and Business Development due diligence;
- Identify, procure and interpret the findings of emerging scientific literature relevant to the Company development programs; and
- Ensure the Company is in compliance with all relevant regulations regarding the use of copyrighted materials.
Operations and Project Management:
- Work with the Medical Communications team to help manage and plan projects with broad organizational participation including: publications, Advisory Boards and Steering Committee meetings;
- Work cross-functionally within Medical Affairs to ensure seamless interface between systems including the Scientific Library, MSL customer relationship management tool and MI databases; and
- Work with the Medical Communications team to help manage the staffing and operations of the Medical Affairs booth at scientific conferences/congresses attended by the Company.
- Advanced degree in related field is required (PharmD, PhD, MD, etc)
- Current license in relevant health care discipline is required;
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant professional experience is required, where post-graduate pharmaceutical industry fellowship is preferred;
- Strong leadership, accountability, interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment;
- Proficiency in the use of literature searching databases;
- Proven ability to perform in-depth literature research, analysis and interpretation of medical data;
- Knowledge of all legal and regulatory guidelines affecting the dissemination of medical information and product promotion;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and
- Willingness to travel approximately 20% of the time.