Paralegal – Temporary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Will work on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Assist with the drafting, negotiating, reviewing, and filing of a high volume of contracts. Review/draft various SEC filings (including Section 16 reports), NASDAQ filings, and other corporate/ securities documents.
- Maintenance of corporate books and records.
- Uses a wide range of legal or specialized knowledge to provide legal support services. Uses systematic approach to problem solving and troubleshooting. Provides services in a timely and efficient manner.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and uses initiative and discretion in accomplishing routine assignments with minimal supervision.
- Assist with determining the necessary approach to contracts, ensuring protection of Neurocrine’s proprietary technology.
- Review contracts and other legal documents, researching legal issues, fact gathering and checking and providing support on all assigned legal matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Life Sciences background preferred. Requires a general understanding of and experience in working with a broad range of corporate in-house Legal department matters.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of computer software, including word processing, spreadsheet document management electronic mail and database programs.
- Excellent attention to detail skills, along with excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective planning, problem solving and analytical skills, ingenuity, judgment and administrative skills.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, the ability to work with others, be self-motivated requiring limited supervision and a desire to learn.
- Demonstrate ability to interact in a collaborative manner and at a professional level with clients at all levels throughout the organization and attorneys.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Requires Paralegal Certificate, a Bachelors degree or equivalent with at least 10 years corporate paralegal experience