Scientist, Discovery Bioanalytical
The Scientist, Discovery Bioanalytical’s responsibilities will include providing technical expertise, conducting laboratory experiments with hands-on LC/MS/MS method development, and multi-project management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain bioanalytical instrumentation for Research
- Work closely with chemists and, in particularly, the in-vivo biologists, at designing and conducting experiments
- Sample preparation and characterization of small molecules, macromolecules, and proteins by mass spec
- Present data and interpret results to the Research team
- Implement a novel approach to bioanalysis for early stage research studies.
- Ph.D +5 years or BS/MS +10 years in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or relevant discipline with experience in hands-on bioanalytical work using high resolution MS/MS
- Experience in sample preparation and characterization of small molecules, macromolecules, and proteins by mass spec
- Experience with Dried Blood Spot and high throughput sample preparation techniques
- Strong background and hands-on proficiency with high resolution quantitative mass spectrometry; Experience with the Thermo Q Exactive Plus is preferred
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced high throughput environment; experience with high throughput MS/MS assays Chromeleon/BioPharma software a strong plus
- Experience in troubleshooting/maintenance and operation of varying autosamplers, UPLCs and mass specs, as well as strong data analysis and interpretation skills