Principal Investigator, Research (Biology)
Primary role will be to work closely with the group to identify new drug target opportunities and expand our drug pipeline, through in-house research studies, the establishment of external collaborations, and the application of new technologies. The successful applicant will have a rich knowledge of neuroscience, endocrinology, and cell and molecular biology, and can apply their experience to drug target identification and validation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes and reviews manuscripts for publications.
- May develop budget for capital expenditures and labor.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Develops strategies to ensure effective achievement of scientific objectives on time.
- Contributes to development of policies and department strategies.
- Effectively initiates, leads, and maximizes potential from a variety of agencies and vendors and holds them accountable.
- Identifies areas for improvement, makes multiple thoughtful suggestions, obtains resolutions, and implements successful solutions.
- Actively seeks to build and enhance internal and external networks.
Requires a PhD. or MD, and have 5+ years of academic or industry experience in developing and running collaborative research efforts.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, as they will be expected to present a strong scientific rationale to potential collaborators.
- Knowledge of the key aspects of biotech/pharma industry is also preferable.
- Effective report writing skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to build excellent working relationships & maintain confidentiality regarding intellectual property and proprietary endeavors of the company.
- Ability to creatively solve complex problems in a team environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstration of cross-functional understanding related to drug development.
- Effectively see projects to completion.
- Understands how to effectively negotiate, persuade, and influence.