Scientist, Discovery Research
We have an immediate opening in R&D for a highly motivated and experienced chemist to join our Analytical Chemistry team. Our team collaborates with all groups of Neurocrine, but primarily assists medicinal chemistry efforts in purifying and analyzing small molecules by LC-MS and SFC.
- Develop chiral and achiral methodologies to purify small molecules using mass-directed HPLC and SFC technology
- Troubleshoot and maintain modern analytical and preparative instrumentation
- Collaborate directly with medicinal chemists to deliver the analytical solutions they require
- Analyze and interpret chromatographic data to reach scientific conclusions
- Demonstrated ability identifying and correcting common LCMS and SFC hardware, software, and chromatography problems
- Must have hands-on experience with SFC instrumentation. Analytical experience is mandatory, preparative experience with this technology is preferred
- Ability to think critically when faced with a wide range of scientific problems
- Experience managing department responsibilities associated with the lab with very little supervision
- Experience with liquid handling, robotics, and automation is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make appropriate scientific decision
- Familiarity with FractionLynx is a very strong plus
- Experience with Chromeleon and Chemstation software is a plus
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting data to your fellow scientist
- B.S. in Chemistry or Biochemistry, with 7+ years (4+ with MS) hands-on experience, or PhD with 2+ years relevant and practical experience.