Scientist – Analytical ChemDev
The successful candidate will perform laboratory analytical experiments as an integral member of the CMC-Development Analytical team. This individual will be expected to develop analytical test methods using all resources within the department, the research literature and regulatory guidance documentation, and use the methods to support in-house chemical process development efforts as well as to transfer these methods to CMO collaborators worldwide. The individual who is hired is expected to effectively document research and to conduct work in a safe manner in accordance with company and departmental guidelines.
- A./B.S. in chemistry or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working as an analytical chemist in industry, where some academic experience may be substituted;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated strong oral and written communication ability is required:
- Basic proficiency of organic chemistry as well as familiarity with the current analytical literature and techniques is preferred;
- Experience working in a GMP API manufacturing facility is a plus;
- A solid understanding of cGMP requirements for API manufacturing is a plus; however this aspect is expected to be successfully developed on the job in a reasonable timeframe;
- Experience with modern instrumental analytical techniques is required; specific technical expertise with the following instrumental methods, HPLC, GC, UV, IR, MS, NMR, XRPD, DSC, TGA, KF and hyphenated methods will be used on a daily basis and therefore candidates with the best combination of experience and knowledge will be preferred;
- An appreciation of chemical process development from lab to production scale is helpful.