Scientist, In Vitro Pharmacology
We are seeking a highly-motivated and collaborative In Vitro Scientist to join our Biology team. This individual will be an integral team member, responsible for supporting lead optimization campaigns and multiple new target screening efforts in the context of multidisciplinary project teams. The work is fast-paced and process-oriented in an environment where efficiency and continuous improvement are integral goals.
- Design, develop, optimize, validate, execute, and analyze in vitro pharmacology assays under minimal supervision to generate high quality, reproducible results.
- Perform critical analysis and insightful interpretation of biochemical, cell-based functional, and binding assay data is essential to identify lead compounds and contribute to the understanding of potency and mechanism of action.
- Document protocols in an electronic laboratory notebook and regularly presenting clear written and verbal data summaries.
- BS and a minimum of 3 years of experience in the drug discovery industry is essential
- Practical experience witha broad range of in vitro biological assays (including GPCRs, kinases, and ion channels) and tissue culture is essential
- Outstanding experimental design, problem-solving, and data analysis skills is essential
- Ability to rapidly learn new assays and process data is essential
- Ability to effectively multitask and advance various projects simultaneously without compromising data quality or reproducibility is essential
- Experience using modern automation, inventory systems, data analysis and informatics systems is beneficial
- Experience with electrophysiology based assays is an added asset, but not essential
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment toward timely execution of shared team deliverables
- Enthusiasm for developing an expanding technical and theoretical knowledge base
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, organizational and interpersonal skills to ensure operational excellence of daily laboratory needs
- Embody Neurocrine’s core values of Passion, Collaboration, Tenacity, Innovation, and Integrity