SEC Accounting Manager
Individual will be primarily responsible for SEC and GAAP compliance, technical accounting matters, documenting and maintaining corporate accounting policies and procedures for both internal and external financial reporting and disclosures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Support corporate controller in preparation of all external financial reporting including: Forms 8K, 10Q, 10K.
- Develop and maintain the Company’s disclosure calendar.
- Coordinate cross-functionally to obtain proper information required for disclosures.
- Review external reporting information with outside auditors.
- Independently research, apply and implement changes in authoritative accounting guidance issued by authoritative and other regulatory bodies to determine impact on the company.
- Assist in preparation of financial presentations for executive management.
- Develop and perform ad hoc analysis to support new processes, policies, initiatives and procedures.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly close process including, but not limited to: preparation and review of certain technical account reconciliations, implementation and/or maintenance of policies and procedures to ensure appropriate GAAP and FASB compliance.
- Work with corporate controller to manage process improvements and reporting designs while utilizing recent technology and partnering with internal customers.
- Review and analyze financial information for management decision-making.
- Support Controller in executing and improving Sarbanes-Oxley (Section 404) compliance efforts.
- Work closely with the Company’s auditors, maintain and monitor controls across a wide range of processes and systems; partner with key business owners from across the organization to help ensure best practice controls are implemented and operate effectively, and communicate regularly with senior finance management on the status of and conclusions reached through the Section 404 work.
- Oversee and coordinate the information requirements and analysis needed to support the external auditor’s quarterly reviews, annual audit and internal control audit/auditors
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in accounting, finance or business administration is required.
- CPA with Big 4 public accounting experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical sector is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ accounting experience including 2 years current SEC reporting experience is required.
- Experience in management reporting, technical accounting research and implementation of business process improvement. Biotech/pharma experience including commercial revenue and clinical trials accounting experience is preferred.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of issues, procedures and practice is required.
- A track record of process improvement and experience with financial systems and process change initiatives. Experience with accounting system implementations is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in GAAP principles is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to:
- Provide leadership in projects and teams.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully; developing alternative solutions; and meet critical deadlines.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit and individual growth.
- Make timely decisions, exhibiting sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process.