Sr. HR Generalist
Provide general Human Resources (HR) support for a variety of personnel activities including staffing, compensation, benefits, HRIS, employee relations, special projects and other HR related areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Research, recommend, develop and/or document HR guidelines, workflows, reports and approvals.
- Design, lead and implement and/or in partnership with the HRBP’s and the Talent Management team on a variety of HR projects (i.e., revamping new hire onboarding and orientation experience, an HR communications strategy, cross-functional process improvement teams, employee engagement/culture related programs, etc.).
- Support activities related to selection, design and implementation of a new HRIS.
- Assist the Talent Acquisition team with sourcing, resume review, hiring team coordination, interviewing, references, temporary hiring, selecting and negotiating with candidates when needed.
- Assist in design, development, implementation and communication of the company’s total rewards programs.
- Resolve employee and manager questions regarding policies, procedures and programs. Respond effectively to routine questions regarding HR related projects and systems. May assist with employee relations issues when needed.
- Create, update and maintain job descriptions and ensure all compliance and quality standards are met. Assist in translating job descriptions into job requisitions and related compensation analysis.
- Support benefits administration, communication, issue resolution and open enrollment.
- Coordinate Company and employee special events.
- Some travel may be required.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Requires strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills including a good sense of judgment.
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and work well within a team environment.
- Strong understanding and practical application of state and federal labor regulations and policies is required.
- Ability to deal effectively and confidentially with employees at all levels within a diverse workforce.
- Must be proficient with computer applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage projects effectively within appropriate deadlines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA degree in a related field with minimum of eight years’ HR experience.
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP certification is highly preferred.
- Experience in the life science industry is preferred.
- Experience with HRIS/ATS implementation is a plus.