Will be a focal point for the daily general ledger functions of Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. Key responsibilities include general and sub-ledger maintenance through preparation of internal financial statements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- General ledger maintenance, including preparation of detailed account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Process and prepare journal entries in a timely and accurate manner resolving any issues. Perform analysis to ensure supporting documentation for entries is complete and accurate.
- Research and resolve any reconciling items on a monthly basis.
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of monthly close activities.
- Provide quarterly and ongoing year-end and SOX related support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting with at least 3 years work experience directly related to items above. CPA/CMA preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in Microsoft Excel and Word. Familiarity with Great Plains is a plus.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities. Strong service orientation.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Accounting Manager, as necessary.