Summer Intern, Biology
SUMMARY: The part-time student Intern (<29 hrs per week) will be involved in a range of research and general laboratory support efforts, primarily in the area of biology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Student will be involved in a range of research and general laboratory support efforts.
- Tissue culture, basic molecular biology, and immunology assays in support of ongoing drug discovery efforts.
- Provide general laboratory support including preparation of buffers and reagents, stocking supplies and ordering.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Must have completed at least one lab and some lab experience helpful
- Be in 2nd or 3rd year in school, preferably.
- Must be able to interact with multi level people
- Attendance and great time management skills required
- Excellent communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Working toward a degree in a Science related field. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.