Summer Intern, Chemistry
SUMMARY: The part-time student Intern (<29 hrs per week) will be involved in a range of research and general laboratory support efforts, primarily in the area of organic chemistry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- Student will be involved in a range of research and general laboratory support efforts.
- Acquire analytical data required for scientific publications.
- Synthesize, purify and characterize organic compounds.
- Assist staff chemists with scale up of key intermediates.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Must have completed at least one lab (preferably Organic lab) and some lab experience helpful
- Be in 2nd or 3rd year in school, preferably.
- Must be able to interact with multi level people
- Attendance and great time management skills required
- Excellent communication skills.